It belongs to the category of pneumatic breaking hammers. Due to its powerful impact, it is used:
- in the development of steeply buried thin and powerful coal layers;
- in the developing of layers of unstable side rocks where blasting can cause damages therein;
- as auxiliary equipment for the destruction of large rocks, forming the coal face during tunnelling for construction of ditches, etc.;
- when removing and blending boulders in quarries for construction materials;
- for breaking concrete and asphalt pavement in construction.
The operation of the hammer is based on the transmission of the impact load on the working tool (pike) of the piston, reciprocating in the cylinder because of the energy of the working fluid (compressed air). When receiving the piston stroke, the cutting tool penetrates the rock and hammers pieces of it.
|1.||Number of strokes, min -1||2 100||1 400|
|2.||Working fluid||compressed air|
|3.||Working fluid pressure, MPa||0.4÷0.6||0.4÷0.6|
|4.||Air consumption at pressure 0.5МРа, m3/min||0.396||0.95|
|5.||Piston diameter, mm||27/19||32|
|7.||Dimensions of the working tool stem, mm|
|8.||Total length of the hammer, mm||418||450|